"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have an addiction

Yes friends, its true. I have an addiction...or a sickness...or something. Last night, when I took Joey to TKD, I almost fell prey to the lure of Big Lots. I went in and saw these packs of 24 soft, fluffy vibrantly colored washcloths. They sang their sweet song. Kristin, look at our colors. Kristin, think how many yards of vibrantly colored terry cloth *3 packs of 24 washcloths, each measuring 12" x 12", would be. Kristin, think of all the funky, fun terry cloth quilts you could make with us.

Please, please tell me this...what sane woman looks at washcloths and thinks "Ooooh, I could make a fun quilt with those."

I'm fighting it friends. I really am. But, would it really be so wrong to spend **$30 on all those gorgeous colored pre-cut squares?


* Why 3 packs? Because, that is the only way to get all 6 colors.
**$30 that could be saved towards BlogHer next year. Really, that is the only thing holding me back right now.

17 comments:

Carrie27 said...

I'll tell you not to do it, since you stated you could use it towards BlogHer.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I noticed you are in my Made by Me giveaway. PLease hop on over to my blog and leave your address in my comments box ( it is private ).

Shelly- Mom Files said...

those washcloths in my vent day video were only $2.00 at Kohls on sale! Regularly $10. Your obsession is NOT bad at all. Hey, you could be doing worse things with your money!

sara said...

Admiting that we need help or have a problem is the first step, LOL! I love washcloths and towels and I just like the way they feel and look in my closet. At least you have a much better excuse ((Hugs))

Aunt Becky said...

I seriously just laughed my butt off. I love you.

battynurse said...

As far as addictions go this is a pretty tame one. But. would you get to the quilt before blogher? And would the dollar difference make much difference in your ability to go to blogher? I know. I can talk the talk but suck when it comes to walking the walk.

AnotherDreamer said...

Is it wrong that I chuckled?

It's okay, I understand. I go into a store and see shiny objects and think about what kind of craft I could incorporate them into... with glue and ties and paint... oOoOooO, shiny.

Hillary said...

lol, I love that you saw those and thought of quilting! You must truly love it :)

ICLW

Nicole said...

Let's just say you score points for even thinking of a quilt when you saw those washcloths. I wouldn't have even noticed them! Very creative, and I'm all about saving time and money!

Good luck deciding and thanks for the thoughts over my way.

ICLW

chicklet said...

Save it for BlogHer, save it for BlogHer!!!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

lol... I love it. I too have an addiction. School supplies. I cannot even begin to tell you how difficult this time of year is for me. I want to buy all the cool journals, great pens, and don't get me started on great paper!

JB - A.K.A. Jenn said...

OMG...I have a great idea....

Buy the washcloths....and make the quilt.....THEN.....wait for it...wait for it.....

Sell it on ETSY or your blog to make EXTRA $$$$ for BlogHer!!

Pretty good right? LOL

HUGS

Alana said...

You and your creativity make me smile.

And I love that you're saving $$$ for Blogher...super cool!

Anonymous said...

I have an addiction to Estate Sales. I have bought so much stuff. Good for you for second guessing it. I am going to Blogher so you better be there.

MrsSpock said...

Yes, you MUST go to Blogher!

niobe said...

Maybe you could buy them, make the fun quilts, then bring the fun quilts to Blogher.... (just trying to square the circle)

JuliaS said...

Kristin - I totally heart you!

I too go into places like Big Lots and see animal print towels with matching hand cloths and think - I could make so many adorable hooded bath towels out of those .. .

I have to remind myself that I have a whole craft room, wall to ceiling of all my fabulous and swell ideas . . .

:0)

P.S. I think the terry cloth quilts would be too darling. I'd have a hard time resisting too!