"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Coining of a Word: part 2

Way back in August of  '08, Vic coined a word.

He did it again. Be scared, my friends. Be very scared.

Vic and I were getting ready for bed and this is what happened...

Once again, I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and a loud fart noise emanated from the bedroom. The smell wafts towards me.

Me: Damn, that reeks.
Vic: Wasn't me.
Me: You're really gonna go there...
Vic: Didn't you see Jolie on her pillow?
Me: Dude, really...Jolie's by the foot of the bed, ground level. That was all on you.
Vic: laughing It was a fartochet.
Me: It was a what?!?!
Vic: laughing harder A fartochet. You know when a fart bounces off one surface and seems to come from another location. Jolie fartocheted. Her butt's right near the area under the bed. She farted. It bounced off the floor and up to where I am.
Me: I can NOT believe you've done it again but, DAMN, that is going on my blog. Between you and the kids, I'll never, ever have to worry about what to write about.

Once again, a new word and it's many variants have entered the lexicon...

fartochet - noun - a fart that bounces off one surface and seems to come from another location (coined by Vic Cruz on 6/2/12)

to fartochet - verb - to  produce a fart that bounces off one surface and seems to come from another location