"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What The Fuck Wednesday: Feminine Products Edition

Welcome back to What The Fuck Wednesday, the prime location to read about products and items that make your head snap around and your mouth utter the phrase "What the fuck is that?"

Earlier this week, I was at Tae Kwon Do with Joey. Sadly, I had forgotten my book and was reduced to reading US Weekly. I got all the way through the magazine and, except for the normal heinous celebrity outfits they highlighted, I hadn't seen anything that remarkable. Then, I saw the last page. It contained a full page spread for U by Kotex...
because, obviously every woman cares what color applicator she shoves up her hoohah. I had to see if this was the worst of it, so I typed the url into the browser and, sadly (or, for the sake of WTF Wednesday, gladly), the fucknuttery went much farther than just colored applicators. There's the Tween Line which says "Period preparation gets colorful patterns and tween attitude in the U by Kotex Tween* combo pack."
The adult pad lines come in FreeStyle, Boho, and Poptimistic designs.

And, not only are the tampon applicators colored but there are colorful wrappers...
The PunkGlam line
The Color Prints line
Somehow, I am deeply disturbed by the need to decorate feminine hygiene products.


If you've found a what the fuck Wednesday worthy moment, throw up a post and put the link in the comments. I'll add the links to the post through Sunday evening. If you don't want to post, share your What The Fuck moment here.