"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: my dad

My dad is a pretty cool guy...but then he would have to be to be married to my mom for 40+ years. My dad has always been willing to stick his neck out to protect the family and he always, always made sure that my sisters and I knew that we could do anything we put our minds to...that there are no barriers just because we are women. He adores his grandchildren and loves to do things with them. The crazy man even took my kids camping and shuns air mattresses as being something for wusses (ROFL). Like any parent, he has his flaws but I am so proud of everything he has done.

And, you know whats awesome? The local newspaper where he lives has recognized what a special individual he is. Please take a moment to click on the pictures below. They will open up so the text of the article is legible.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I love you.



a letter of recognition from the company
my dad does tutoring with

**************************************************

To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

**************************************************

And, one little fun extra. I have a really cool project going on for a fellow blogger. It is going to be an incredible surprise and if you want in on it, EMAIL ME!

**************************************************

I still haven't heard from a few of the winners of the Great Animal Exodus Giveaway. The winners are Jen who chose the dino group, Infertility Rocks, Ms. GeekByMarriage who had 2 entries win and picked the fish with one of them, Arian, Beautiful Mess, WiseGuy who selected Garfield, battynurse who gets Pooh Bear and friends, and Emmy.

Ladies, email me with your mailing addresses and slowly but surely I'll start mailing out the packages.

21 comments:

Jen said...

what a cool guy!

Anonymous said...

sounds like your family is as cool as you are :)

Anonymous said...

that's awesome

AnotherDreamer said...

That's so cool! Awesome :)

ME! said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. Here from Mel's Show and Tell.

Sunny said...

That is really neat!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Your dad rocks. You come from the coolest family--and the apple didn't fall far from the tree :-)

'Murgdan' said...

Sweet. :-)

FET Accompli said...

I just love the book of possibilities!

battynurse said...

That's so cool.
You did get my address didn't you. I think it came in several parts but I sent it.

Anonymous said...

definitely a cool guy! and what a great memory book idea!

Beautiful Mess said...

I did eamil you. Did gmail eat it? maybe I emailed it the wrong address?
Awesome article! That's WAY cool!

*Tanyetta* said...

Your dad is awesome! You have every right to be proud of him!

FattyPants said...

What a neat guy. He must feel so proud to have his accomplishments published and to mean so much to so many.

Liv said...

Wow! I already knew how cool your mom was - of course your dad would be special too!

What a wonderful tribute to your dad. And what a great story of encouragement for woman to think about these "possibilities".

Give him a good old squeeze and a wish of a Happy Father's Day for me next time you see him. K?

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Very very nice post Kristin! He sounds like an amazing man!!

Dora said...

That's wonderful! Your parents ROCK!

cowboyboot lady said...

Your dad is WAY cool! So positive! And very neat that the local paper printed that story!

Cara said...

What a wonderful father - grandfather - and friend! To be recognized is just an added perk!

nh said...

how fantastic - a book of possibilities sounds amazing.

Alana said...

LOVE the book idea---what a wonderful legacy he's creating. :)