"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Extra, Extra: Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce

Tonight, when I was cooking dinner, I discovered I was missing something vital from my pantry...barbeque sauce. So, I decided to whip some up. Marty and I both loved it. Gabe and Joey thought it was too spicy. I guess I'll have to make two batches next time.

Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce
3/4 cup of ketchup
1 8oz can of tomato paste
1 cup of water
1/3 cup of vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp of Goya Adobo
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly (I used my small food processor).
Apply half of sauce to ribs 20 minutes before they are done. Return to oven.
Add remainder of sauce to ribs 5 minutes before they are finished cooking.
Enjoy

*Adobo can be found in most grocery stores on the Hispanic food aisle.

**Spiciness can be reduced by simply reducing or eliminating the cayenne pepper.