"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for Pooh Bear

I've always had a soft spot for Pooh Bear and his buddies from the 100 Acre Wood. Maybe it goes back to the fact that the one nickname I have carried with me through my whole life is Pooh Bear. My dad started calling me that when I was tiny and he still calls me that today. The other night, I was looking for inspiration for a P post and I was in a bit of a sentimental mood. I ended up browsing through Winnie the Pooh stuff online. It was late and I was tired so my mind started to wander. Just for giggles, I started wondering if I could link one of Pooh's friends with each of my close friends.
Obviously, since my childhood nickname is Pooh Bear, I would fill that role. My friend Kristi is the one responsible for introducing Vic and me. I've known her for almost 20 years and Kristi is high energy, always seems to be doing something...most definitely our Tigger. My dear friend Rys is a wonderful person but, due to some asshats she happens to be related to, there is a dark cloud that sometimes follows her. She is our Eeyore (who is my favorite character). Jennifer, my sister by choice and friend for nearly 27 years, is our Piglet. When I first met her, Jennifer was rather meek and quiet but she definitely isn't anymore. I know Piglet isn't an exact match but I think I like it. Pam who is another dear friend of mine (who I haven't seen in way too long) is our Kanga. I'm not even entirely sure why but Pam always brings forth the image of the uber mother and Kanga is the classic mom. I don't really have anyone in mind for the roles of Rabbit or Roo? ANy of y'all want to fill that role?

So, if you had to pick a set of cartoon characters to represent you and your friends, which group would it be? And, which character would you be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, my friends and I play this game all the time...
Although we compared ourselves to the show "Big Bang Theory". My friend Tara is without a doubt Sheldon. She has her "spot" on the couch. And likes things done in a very important order and way. Nerd to the core and highly intelligent. I'm Leonard, the nerd who is a little more worldly and attempts to introduce Sheldon to normal things. My hubby would then be Penny, the most culturally-in-touch person with very little geek in him. We didn't decide on who Raj or Howard are yet...

Jen said...

I'll be your Rabbit (um that didn't sound good did it) I'm the worryer, hesitant about everything. massive flaw

Sylvia Ney said...

Cute post - Pooh is my youngest daughter's FAVORITE! I really like the Hellen Keller quote. I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.