"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for...

W can stand for so many wonderful things. W can represent my friend Calliope's beautiful son. It can stand for wooly mammoths, whale, wizards, witches, and even wisteria. It can stand for wine, watermelon, wind, waterfalls, and women. It can stand for wages, windmills, walruses, and even wagon. But, not today. Today W stands for WTF!

Today, I went with Joey's class on a field trip to Old Salem. Because of the distance we had to travel, we weren't stuck with riding on a school bus. We got to ride on a nice, cushy charter bus. There was one little problem with the buss though...the upholstery. The upholstery in that bus was loud enough to make your eyeballs bleed. And, it didn't just cover the seats. The entire ceiling of the bus was covered with the psychedelic fabric from hell. I mean, seriously, would you like to look at this for 2 hours straight...
That is an actual picture of the ceiling of the bus. All I could do is shake my head and say "What the fuck?"

When we got home, I was looking around online and I've come to the conclusion that there is a strong demand for psychedelic bus upholstery fabric. Either that or the charter bus industry is supporting the artistic endeavors of the hippies from the 60s who had their brains fried by lsd. I guess we need to send a serious shout out and say thank you to Sardo Bus and Coach Upholstery because they seem to have provided gainful work for the formerly drugged out hippies who might otherwise have trouble holding
down a job. Two out of the three examples of the scary fabric shown here were put out by the artistic geniuses on staff there.

What have you seen lately that's made you shake your head and wonder "What the fuck?!?"

3 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

omg, I don't know if I could have sat there that long looking at that. It looks seizure inducing!!!

Seriously, all my WTF moments come from things I hear from my neighbors and not things I see lol. The woman across the street is nicknamed the "I don't want no more babies!" woman, because a few summers ago she was screaming at her man at the top of her lungs about how she don't want no more babies, while their 5 kids were playing in the yard. I think they might have got married recently because they have a flowery thing on their porch, with a giant red bow... it's been there for weeks now. Yeah, she was out there yelling at him again yesterday.

areyoukiddingme said...

Oh, come on - you know that fabric is used to cover up the vomit and other stains. :)

I don't really have any WTF moments to share - not that I'm not experiencing them, it's just that the backstory is too long!

Meari said...

Wow, that makes my eyes want to bleed just looking at it for a couple minutes. Indeed LOUD!