"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The heat has baked my brain

It is hot today. You know, the kind of hot that lets you bake cookies in your car. And, let me tell you, this crap about a dry heat not being that bad is pure bullshit. 101 with almost no humidity is still miserable. It is seriously frakking hot and it has baked my brain and zapped any desire to do anything from me.
Since coherent thought has fled my brain, I thought I'd share a few funny videos with y'all. Those of you who are nurses or in the medical field will really appreciate these. Without further ado, I bring you the Laryngospasms...


11 comments:

Kakunaa said...

I have lived in dry heat and wet heat...hot is hot. I agree. Clean the house? No thanks...no a/c = no cleaning. Must go watch videos now.

Kakunaa said...

P.s. the videos didn't work for me so I went and looked them up. Found different ones, but they made me giggle. Ty :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Thanks for the chuckle! I can't handle heat either way, but in heat without humidity I can actually breathe. I know when this weekend rolls around and it gets up to the expected 30 C, I will be a whiny little puddle.

Sandy said...

Thank you for the big laugh (at the videos, not at your temperature, you poor thing).

I grew up in Tucson, so I can really sympathize. We used to get up to 110 in the summer. UGH! That's one reason I moved to Flagstaff, where the temps hover around the low to mid eighties in the hottest part of the summer. Come visit! :)

I just posted a Q&A on my blog. I hope you'll ask me something, because I'm sooooo nervous about it :)

battynurse said...

I agree that once you surpass 100 degrees it doesn't matter much if it's dry or not. It just sucks. Hope it cools down for you soon.
I've seen those videos before. One of the CRNA's I work with got to actually see them in person I think. They're great.

..Soo.See.. said...

Yea, hotness sucks. Well, this kind of hotness. And it's only JULY! I can't even imagine how August will be... it's been awful down here too. Hope you find some relief!

rys said...

I forgot about the baking cookies in your car thing...it's been 102 here, same for today. Stop giving me ideas!!!

Kir said...

talk about multitaking, I can BAKE in my car!!!??? :)

It's just too hot, I'm ready to cry uncle, but John asked me if I'd rather cold and I just parked myself under the ceiling fan in our Central A/C home and smiled. :)

thanks for the giggle.

sara said...

These are awesome!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing :-) It's funny because other than being able to relate to all of this, I always am cold in the OR and sit with a blanket around my shoulders on the chair just like at the start of the bottom video. They're bath blankets and we all use them as a way to stay warm. I would love to see these guys in person - I think I just peed my pants. Thanks so much!

Bean said...

honey, 28% AINT DRY ;)

Stacie said...

I hope you guys get some relief soon! I am once again thankful I live in California. It rained here today! (Don't hate me!)