"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We are off to my MIL's house with a trunkful of food. That's right, I cooked the entire meal and we are taking it over there. My BIL is disabled and it would be difficult for him to come here. I made a scrumptious 20 lb turkey, a delicious 8 lb glazed ham, garlic herb mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, apple-walnut-sausage stuffing, green bean casserole, corn, croissants, caramel apple crunch pie, pumpkin pie, and a cheese cake. Everything (except the cheesecake) was made from scratch including the pie crusts and the cream soup for the green bean casserole. Pics will come later. That's my show and tell this week.

10 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

Safe driving and have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful dinner. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

..al said...

Well, Happy Thanksgiving to you too...It was so considerate of you to have cooked everything....I am sure you will have a lovely meal! Have fun!

mosker said...

It can't have been easy to transport everything there, but if I were cooking Thanksgiving dinner to serve at another location, I think I'd prefer cooking it at my house. I know where everything is and no one would be looking over my shoulder.

It sounds like a wonderful meal. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You are an awesome DIL and SIL.

I am thankful for you, Kristin!

richard said...

As a Canadian (or ex-pat Canadian) I always find it odd to be talking about Thanksgiving at the end of Novemeber. For me Thanksgiving happens on the second monday in October. That said ... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Tammy said...

I love celebrating American Thanksgiving, but I'm working today - damn it.

Dinner sounds good. Can I come?

Have a great day with your family.

Barb said...

Wow! You're super woman! Sounds awesome. :)

areyoukiddingme said...

Man, that sounds delicious...and I already ate!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

you are a cooking maniac (not surprised) Enjoy your time with your family and I can't wait to see your photos :)