"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, November 21, 2009

And the rain came falling down

15 years ago today, it was a dark, rainy day. We were having a rare November thunderstorm and it felt like the heavens had let loose. It was the type of day that makes you want to curl up with a good book. I wasn't curling up with a good book. In fact, I wasn't even getting to stay inside. I was putting my makeup on, getting dressed, and packing my suitcase. It was my wedding day. 15 years ago today, I married the love of my life in a small civil ceremony. In some cultures, rain on your wedding day is suppose to be a sign of good things to come. I definitely think this rain was an auspicious sign.

It's weird. It both seems like I've been married to him forever. It's hard to imagine life without Vic. But, it also seems like it was only yesterday. 15 years ago I had no clue where the road was going to take us. I had no clue how rough things would get. I did know that I didn't want to travel through this world without him at my side.

Vic is my heart and soul. He makes me complete. I truly believe he was the man meant for me. I'd willingly spend an eon or two on this earth as long as I have him by my side. I love you honey. Happy 15 years.

24 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you both have a marvellous day.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JW Moxie said...

Happy anniversary, Kristen! Are you guys going to do anything special today?

AnotherDreamer said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you do something extra special today.

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kristin said...

My bestest bud Jennifer is coming over tonight to watch the boys and Vic and I are going to dinner.

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congrats on your anniversary! Have a wonderful evening you love birds!

Quiet Dreams said...

Congratulations to both you and Vic. May you have many, many, many more years to love each other.

Stacie said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have a wonderful day.

Wishing 4 One said...

Happy Aniversary Kristin! So gald you are going out together, have a wonderful, wonderful evening!!! It'll be 14 years for us in 2010, man where does the time go???? Enjoy yourself girl!!!

Barb said...

Lovely and congrats!!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy Anniversary! Blessings on you both!

battynurse said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Sweet said...

Wow...congrat Kristen.

Bionic Baby Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! (It rained on us, too, so I'm glad to hear it worked out well in your case!)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I hate to disrupt the symmetry of 15 comments for 15 years, but I need to add my congratulations too. I hope you two had a wonderful weekend.

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope the next 15 years (and then some) are just as wonderful.

MrsSpock said...

Hooray for the both of you!

Carrie27 said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you two are able to get out and celebrate!

In Due Time said...

Happy Anniversary love! (Sorry I'm late. I meant to post on Saturday!)

Meari said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to AT LEAST 15 more years!
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope your day was perfect and you and the hubs were able to enjoy your special day together!

Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great anniversary! 15 years. What an accomplishment.