"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Down in the Dumps

These past few days, I've been feeling a little out of sorts...not depressed, not even sad, just out of sorts...and I'm not sure why. Things have been going well. My oldest son is finally healthy again. It feels good to have kicked that 2 month migraine in the ass. It's only 2 weeks until school is out for the summer and we have a lot planned.

I have a plan mapped out to get Marty up to speed so he can start tenth grade in the fall despite his medical issues this year. We also have a lot of fun summer activities planned despite Marty needing to do school work this summer. The week after school is out, the boys and I will be heading to my parents' house. Gabe is going to be attending Agapé day camp and Joey will be helping my mom to teach swimming and possibly going to a week of sports camp while we are at my parents' house. Joey's going to Boy Scout camp at Camp Raven Knob and (hopefully) BMX bike camp.We've even managed to structure our summer so Marty still gets to go to the big Lutheran youth gathering in New Orleans this summer. Unbelievably, I also have things to look forward to. In less than a month, I get to head to Charlotte for the Type-A Conference and, towards the end of the summer, I'm heading to New York for BlogHer.

Despite having all this to look forward to, I'm just not feeling upbeat. I feel kind of unsettle and not very content...sort of overwhelmed. It may just be the exhaustion talking...Gabe has had a few really rough nights lately. Maybe it's the fact that my best friend is pregnant and my baby craving has come back full force and, medically, we're not in a position to try to conceive and we may never decide to go down that road again. Who the hell knows what is causing this funk but I really want it gone.

So, to sum it up, I'm in a funk and I need amusement. Anyone have anything funny to share?