"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Customer Service Suckage

EARTHLINK IS PISSING ME OFF! I am trying to get those asshats to disconnect my dsl service so my new service can be hooked up. They actually expect me to believe it will take 5 to 6 days to get the phone line released. I call BULLSHIT! You know they would have it off instantaneously if I missed payment.

The first person swore the service would be off by Friday morning. On Friday morning, it was still on. Earthlink said they simply couldn't do any better than guaranteeing it disconnected by close of business on Friday. Well, needless to say, that didn't happen. When I called back today, they then decided to tell me that my service had been discontinued, after all I wasn't being charged anymore, but that it would take 5 to 6 days to get my phone line released. I told them it simply wasn't acceptable and I would accept no less than clearing the phone line today. Earthlink continued to try and say it wasn't possible. Finally, I told them I thought it was a load of crap because I knew without a doubt they would cut off our service with the flip of a switch if we missed payment. Hehe, it was after this that they promised to clear the phone line by the close of business today. I then told Earthlink that before this experience, I would have considered returning to their service but, after this experience, there was no way in hell I would return to them. They destroyed a 12+ year relationship in one boneheaded move. I futher informed them I planned on going public with this piss poor customer service.

PISS OFF EARTHLINK!

9 comments:

kathi said...

Wow, I could have written that. In fact, I did write something similar earlier this year. It is really sad to think how good Earthlink's customer service was in the past, when it has deteriorated to pure crap, outsourced crap at that, here and now.

MoonNStarMommy said...

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!! And public you went!! I'm sorry you went through that but go you!!

I'm coming back from a longish bloggin vacation .. but I'm back - yay!

Sandy said...

Bastards! I don't have earthlink but have never heard good things about them.

Too bad you don't have the power of Dooce, ha ha!

Hope you get things straightened out soon.

battynurse said...

Don't you hate it when this happens?? I had a similar situation recently with my bank and changes in policies and after 12 years they have lost my account. I didn't name them but now I'm thinking about going back and doing so.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

damn, how sucky!! BTW, can I steal the word "ASSHATS" from you?? ROFL!!! I love it :)

CreoleInDC said...

Ugh. That makes me really annoyed for you!

Lynn said...

You tell 'em! I HATE it when companies do this sort of crap! They just want to inconvenience you because you're leaving their custom. Ridiculous! Hope it gets sorted today!

Soralis said...

You go girl! What a PITA! Gotta love the computer age? Thought it was supposed to improve things?

AnotherDreamer said...

What asshats.

And go you for sticking it to them!