"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Precious Gift

How do you regard your journey through infertility? I guess a lot of how you regard it depends on where you are in your journey. Honestly, although I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone, I would not trade my journey through infertility for anything. I have received too many blessings in my life because of my infertility...people I've met, things I've done, even the child I eventually had. I wouldn't have had any of those without my journey through the land of IF.

JJ over at Reproductive Jeans wrote a brilliant post, "Heavy Hearts Weigh The Same", talking about this very thing. You all need to go read it. In fact, it is so brilliant that I kirtsy'd it. What's kirsty you ask? Well, it is a way to publicize posts that you think are important to read. Posts that get a lot of votes on kirtsy appear on the main page where EVERYONE who goes there will see it. Help me get this post on the main page. Click here and, when the kirtsy page opens, click on the post title. That gives the post a vote and lets you read a brilliant post. Make sure you take a moment to tell JJ what you think of her post.

9 comments:

nancy said...

will do miss kristin. I've been thinking a lot about my infertility lately. I was a guest poster for Poltzie's blog and it will post tomorrow. Kinda strange in the timing. I'll head over to JJ's.

(oh - and I want to be a part of that thing you emailed me about!)

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to view it as a gift! And I know if I'd just gotten pregnant when I first wanted to, I wouldn't have been as good a mother as I know I now will be. It's given me the time and the experience to mature and learn a few life lessons (whether I wanted to or not!).

Thanks for the link to JJ's post to. I voted for it on Kirtsy.

Barb said...

I very much agree to an extent. I would wish for a bit less time spent trying and maybe a bit fewer physically painful moments. :)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Just voted. Thank you for Kirtsying that. I loved that post.

JJ said...

Again, thank you so much...I am forever changed by this journey.

Sass said...

Hello

Happy ICLW and thank you for the comment on my blog!
:)

I'm really liking the book, I am just in awe of Dan Brown and how cleaver he is!

:)
Sass

Busted Tube said...

Thanks for explaining kirtsy, I'd never taken the time to figure out what it was!
I appreciate your comment on my post today- it's always good to hear from others, especially when I'm having a bit of a hard day!

Happy ICLW!

Burkey0906 said...

Hi

Happy ICLW and thank you for the kind wishes you posted on my blog.

Had never heard of Kirstying before, but have paid it a visit and voted.

Thanks again x

JuliaS said...

When I was on Spals - my signature line read "All the things I might have known and all the things I might not have known"

It took time to get there - but I have received some gifts very precious to me that I would not have had otherwise. How do you regret that? You can mourn the loss(es) - I still do, but I have never ever regretted them.

Lovely post.