"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stitching Post Saturday

Its been a while since I posted any of my cross stitching. While I haven't finished any major projects, I have finished a lot of small things. I am participating in a Name/Welcome RR and I've stitched letters on a few of those...

I stitched the S and the musical notes on this one.


I stitched the N on this one.


I have also been crocheting preemie sized baby hats for The Preemie Present project run by Lady Nunn of The Flying Nunns. I have finished 10 for her to use in next years present bags...3 extra large, 3 large, 1 medium, 1 small, and 2 extra small (they fit the micro preemies). To give you an idea as to the size, I took a picture of my fist next to an apple and an orange. Then I took a picture with an xs hat on the apple and a hat on the orange. If you click on these pictures you can see a larger version of them.




If you want to see everyone else's stitching, check out the list on MiPa's blog...Stitching Post Saturday

8 comments:

Cara said...

Oh Kristin - you use your talents for such good! (A superhero in your own right!!)

xoxo

AnotherDreamer said...

Wow, you're so talented. I LOVE the faery cross stitch, I love faeries though, lol.

Miriam Pauline said...

Looks great! Thanks for partcipating!

Anonymous said...

Love the stitching! And bless you for the hats - that's wonderful.

*Tanyetta* said...

My son was born a month early.

While my daughter was in the nursery with him, she said a lady came in and put a knitted hat on my son.

It really touched my heart because she said this woman was in there giving all the babies hats!

What a blessing.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wow, you are so talented and creative. The size of the itty bitty hats is so humbling. Thank you for putting love into your handiwork.

MrsSpock said...

Where do you find the time? I have a crocheted afghan that has been sitting in my closet for 9 months...

Meari said...

Your WIPs look great!