"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, April 18, 2005

Only 49 hrs and 47 minutes until my u/s appoitment...

Can you tell I'm getting nervous? The closer the 20th gets, the more on edge I become. At this point, nothing negative has happened. All the signs and symptoms point towards a healthy pregnancy but I'm still having a really hard time believing it might be possible. And, even if things go well on Wednesday, I still won't be ready to tell my family and I'm spending all next weekend around them. How am I going to hide the sheer exhaustion, the queasiness, and the possible runs to the bathroom if morning sickness hits full force? I've already had one session that ended with me praying at the porcelain altar. My mom will notice if my eating patterns are radically off and expalnations will be demanded if she catches site of my bruised belly (gotta love those lovenox shots). I'm taking suggestions for a cover story. The best one I've hit on so far is that I'm recovering from food poisoning.

1 comment:

JenP said...

Holding my breath and crossing my fingers!! Hoping for only GOOD news after the scan and hoping your family doesn't pick up on anything just yet.

Best wishes!