"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I am blessed in so many ways and I have so very many things to be THANKFUL for.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who loves me and makes me laugh.

I am thankful beyond belief for our three healthy children. They are sweet, smart, wonderful, and frequently drive me insane.

I am thankful that, despite the financial hardships our country and many of us have gone through, my husband has a secure job, we have a nice house, and a full pantry.

I'm so thankful for all my friends (and, yes, that DEFINITELY includes all of you in the computer) and all the people I've recently reconnected with.

I'm thankful for the wonderful smells wafting through my house.

I am thankful that our kitty Freddy finally decided to come out of hiding (he went into a funk when he realized Max wasn't coming back).

I am thankful that I get to spend today with my family.

I am thankful that I finished all my prep work for Thanksgiving dinner last night. That means that I can relax and enjoy watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

4 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Happy Turkey Day, lovely lady. Wonderful list. Wishing all the best for you and your beautiful family.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

JJ said...

Hope you had a happy Gobble, Gobble :)

Meari said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Kristin. I'm glad we met online! :)