"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A Better Middle

I went out to water my little container garden (right before it rained, of course) and noticed that the lettuce is ready to harvest again, I have my first tomato growing...and my broccoli is starting to grow...

9 comments:

JW Moxie said...

I think I need a nap. I read your title as "Bette Midler" and was confused when I saw pictures of growing vegetables. :)

q said...

Wow that's so exciting! And, you know, I don't think I've ever seen broccoli growing before...

Quiet Dreams said...

oops, that was me, above. accidentally hit "enter."

MrsSpock said...

One day I will learn to garden...

battynurse said...

Whoohoo!! My cucumbers plants are getting huge although there isn't any thing other than flowers on them yet. Same with tomatoes.
Some day I'd love to have a regular garden I could eat all summer out of.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

sigh. Is it bad to admit I have yet to plant my garden? I keep saying "THIS will be the weekend."

You're inspiring me.

..al said...

Well...how perfect...there is such joy in home-grown veggies. Hope your whole family enjoys it!

Meari said...

You're growing broccoli in a container?

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Wow! I stand in awe of your gardening prowess! I really do wish I could grow things, but it never works out for me.