"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Welcome to the home of fencecapades.

This is a new sport recently introduced to our household. The only rules of this wonderful new sport are that a 2 yr old must somehow disappear from mommy's line of sight just long enough to begin scaling the chain link fence but not so long that they get caught before they clear the fence. On his very first attempt in this challenging event, Gabe almost won.

Yes, thats right. My 2 1/2 yr old almost scaled my fence yesterday. My back porch has a large bush/tree right next to it and Gabe was on the other side of it. I was cleaning things up and could hear him talking to the dog and playing (in the dirt I thought). Something triggered my mommy radar and said go around the corner and check on him. He was so far up the fence that the top of the fence was slightly below waist level. OMG This child is truly a challenge to my sanity. He is wonderful, fabulous, smart, and wild. I think its a really good thing he was my third child and not my first. If he had been my first he might have scared me off from having any more...LOL.

Gabe capped off this adventurous day by painting with Joey. Joey was painting a tank model camouflage and Gabe was painting his own hair. He also found time to dump out two of the water color bottles (thank the lord they were small bottles) and attempted to decorate Joey's hair and arms. Miraculously, none of this paint ended up on the walls or the floors.