"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I had a really good appointment today...

I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow so today I got to do the GD test...and, no, that wasn't the good part...LOL. The GD test was tolerable. I should have my results back either later this afternoon or early tomorrow.

The good part is that I still haven't regained any of the weight I lost...so I am still 13 lbs below my starting weight. Also, my bp was only 110/74. I guess they really believe me now when I say the early high readings were entirely stress related.

In two weeks, I see my regular OB again and will get to schedule the official c-section date. Woohoo...I am pushing for a c-section date of Dec 2nd which would mean only 11 weeks 2 days until Gabe is born.

Also, simply because of my high risk status, they are talking about starting non-stress tests somewhere between 32 and 34 weeks.

***got my GD test results and, even after drinking all that crap, my blood sugar was only 102.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...28 weeks?!?!? wow! how exciting! Eh, go for Dec 4, that's when Christopher was born. hehehe

Don't forget, next week, another picture (neener neener) You look great!

Penny

Ana said...

Wow, 28 weeks already!! WTG on the weight gain (or loss, in this case) and on the BP!

Lioness said...

Excellent! And how can you be 28 weeks already?? Can you imagine how nice it will be to go shopping for the new body post baby?

April said...

28 weeks already? Wow. Time flies.

Glad to hear that the blood pressure is behaving.