"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Baby and appointment update...

Things are going wonderfully! I will be 25 weeks tomorrow. At my appointment today, my bp was still back down in the normal range (120/72...amazing what feeling movement can do for you), I've lost another pound (13 lbs below my starting weight), and my uterus is measuring 3+ weeks ahead (with Marty I was consistently 2 to 4 weeks ahead) so I get an u/s on Monday!!! The nurse seemed very surprised that I was already able to see his kicks from the outside (she remarked "but he's not that big yet" LOL). In fact, Gabe kicked so hard at one point this afternoon that he made my book {that was resting on my tummy) jump.

I am starting to get really excited about this!

9 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

WOW--time flies when you are having fun! 25 weeks--that is fantastc! I am so happy for you that you get to feel Gabe so clearly--it took me until at least 28 weeks to feel Abby kick away--now I can't stop feeling her.

Anonymous said...

How exciting Kristin! 25 weeks! Maybe you have a future soccer player in there or he's getting ready to earn his belts along with his big brother ;-)

Sounds like you and Gabe are progressing right along!

So glad to hear these good updates.

Penny

Ana said...

Kristin that's great news!! 25 weeks already?!! Time is flying!

Kristin said...

LIoness's blog got hit by spam too. She now has a word you have to type in when you post (not a password...one of those things they do to confirm it is a real person posting...not an auto post).

Also, there is NO chance I am further along. At 6 weeks and 6 days and at my 20 week u/s, Gabe measured exactly on for dates. I just have big babies. My oldest was almost 9 pounds and, at 4 weeks early, Joey was already 7 pounds.

Kristin said...

Woohoo...spam removed and "word verification" turned on. No more of that crap around here!

Dee said...

Glad to hear that Gabe is growing by leaps and bounds and that you're doing so well too :-)

Quick question--how do you turn on the word verification feature for comments in order to avoid spam? Just curious as I'd love to set it up on mine!

Keep up the great baby-baking!

Kristin said...

TO TURN ON WORD VERIFICATION

Go to the Blogger Dashboard and choose Change Settings, then under
Comments choose Yes for Word Verification

chris said...

Watch out for the ones who really like to kick--they're the wild ones. At least that's what everyone told me and it's proven to be true.

Pink tea set? We must go shopping together. I almost bought one for Eric but Kevin would have killed me.

Take care.

Kristin said...

Hehehe...half the time the pink tea cart was used for tea parties and the other half the time it was a battering ram...hence the early and much lamented demise.