"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, September 05, 2008

A proud mama moment...

My oldest son, Marty, was talking to me and asked me if I thought he would get a *girlfriend in middle school. After I fought back the urge to yell, "YOU'RE TOO YOUNG!" I told him, "I don't know. You might. So kids start having girl friends in middle school and some never find someone they like until they are older."

Marty then said, "I like pretty girls but I like nice girls better. So many pretty girls have attitudes and, if I had to pick, I would rather have a nice girlfriend."

This time I had to fight the urge to yell, "HALLELUJAH!" So many men never learn this lesson and my 11 yr old gets it. I hope he holds onto this attitude because he will have a much easier time with dating (when he is old enough).


*a girlfriend in middle school is just someone you might publically hold hands with.

12 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Good boy!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the definition of girlfriend!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awwww how sweet is that??? At least he wants one now... wait til the school system gets him into abstinance class... Kent came home telling me there was NO WOMAN on the planet worth his penis looking like that!!

I don't want to know... just a heads up!!!!

Rebel

K said...

Awwww! Also, middle school "dating" consists of parents taking them to the movies. I chose to sit a row behind...just to torture them.

Muhahahaha!

Beautiful Mess said...

My daughter just started middle school *eek* and she isn't really interested in boys...yet. I absolutely LOVE that he said that! Umm can we set em up?;o) You have a good boy there, here's to a job well done! *raises my diet Pepsi*

Margaret said...

That's my boy!!!

LOL No interest in girlfriends at our house...

Chris said...

You and Vic have raised him well.

Velda said...

and you should be proud!

chicklet said...

Wow, nice one!

Barb said...

so CUTE!

Ken's choice said...

What a wise guy, must be his Mum and Dads doing !!
Kristin I just visited this blog, you should http://melaniemade.blogspot.com/!!

Little Miss Flossy said...

What a dude - he has totally got it right! Our middle schooler (almost 13) has a special friend who's a girl and they go out skating and to the movies and stuff but within the safety of a big group of friends. yay for nice girls!